Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Colors of Summer

You know those long weeks where you have to focus your attention a positive event in the near future just to get you through. Well last week was one of those. Fortunately, I had a three-day weekend within my sight and things were looking up. That's right Labor Day. It had promise. The start of college football [although I am not the type of fan that schedules my life around and wardrobe around it, I still enjoy a good game every once in a while]. The promise of nice weather. Three days of no work just after finishing a project. Just time to relax and do nothing. All I really need to do is paint one bathroom at home, shouldn't be more than a couple hours of work then I can ----SCCRRREEEEEEECH.

Yeah, that's right. The screeching was the unmistakable sound of my illusions of a fun-filled and relaxing weekend coming to a halt. To make several long stories short. It started on Friday night when insomnia took over due to the Killz buzz I suffered while trying to prime the bathroom in preparation for the "quick" paint job. The fun continued into the next afternoon after having painted the bathroom and realizing that the paint color just is not working. Sunday comes and after a refreshing yet sobering day at church, with everyone trying to reconcile with Katrina, I set off for an impromptu wiring job for the office where I work. After four hours of fiasco that you can read about by clicking the Bloggin Awesome link to the right, I returned home to once again paint the bathroom.

However, the weekend wasn't a total loss. Saturday night we [my wife and I] had some fun times at dinner with some friends and a game of Cranium. Monday afternoon we had the same group of friends over plus another couple for a cook out and a movie. These events provided just enough levity and fun to take the edge off the weekend. I also started painting my paintball marker this weekend, a project I will go into more detail about later. All things considered it was a pretty good weekend. Sure, I would like to have been able to paint the bathroom Wagner Power Painter style and I could have lived without the whole wiring adventure, but you can't discount good times with good friends.

----[.....] constitutes insights into my persnal life you may or may not know---

No comments: